All the videos that you see online on YouTube, watch movies in theatres or watch the programs on television, all have a particular story to tell. Wondering how everything falls in place in the videos? The credit for converting raw footage into a story goes to a video editor.
Does video editing get you excited?
Are you looking forward to pursuing a video editing career in India?
Most individuals, who are going for video editing careers, find them quite lucrative and growth-oriented.
What is Video Editing?
Video editing is an art form and a process of converting raw footage into a final video that captivates the attention of the audience by making it appealing. The process of editing begins with selecting the best raw footage. After which the video editor eliminates the footage that is unsuitable or irrelevant. The best footage is chosen and strung together in the best possible sequence, to create scenes that blend with each other perfectly.
Another key aspect of this career is sound effects. Many sound effects, like background music and audio, are added to the video and naturally blend with the video.
Reasons why you should choose
- Ample job opportunities.
- Huge demand for video editors not just in India, but globally.
- Lucrative job profiles in entertainment to corporate industries.
- Availability of freelance job opportunities as well.
Wide Range of Roles
There are a lot of job opportunities available with leading organizations in India and worldwide.
- Trainee video editor
- Junior video editor
- Senior video editor
- Web video editor
- Multimedia artist
- Film editor
- Television studio editor
- Broadcast engineering technician
- Motion graphic designer
Regardless of the industry that you choose to work in, here are some of the skills that will help you thrive in your career.
- Problem-solving approach
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Time management skills
- Lots of patience
- Outstanding communication abilities
- Empathy and humbleness
- Eye for details
- Knowledge of using advanced editing tools
- Thick skin to receive feedback from clients
A Step-by-Step Guide to a Successful Video Editing Career in India
- Getting an educational qualification, either a bachelor’s or master’s degree in video/film editing and production
- For hands-on exposure to editing videos in the real world, look for internship and training opportunities.
- Mastering various tools and applications such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Lightworks, Adobe Spark, and others.
- Searching for the right career opportunities in the video editing field.
If you are interested in making a video editing career in India, it makes sense to get practical hands-on training by choosing the right course.
Video editing careers are professionally rewarding, and there are many job prospects for video editors in various fields.